Monday, November 25, 2013

Sweet Potato Apple

I got some surprise sweet potatoes. Sean doesn't like them and they're not my favorite, but I don't like to waste good food. I had been given some free babyfood in a jar that was sweet potato apple but she wouldn't eat it. Then an idea! Here's my chance to test my theory. Does Augustina not like sweet potatoes or is she just so spoiled that she doesn't like processed jar baby food? Will she eat homemade?

I pricked the potatoes with a fork and baked them in the oven. (400 degrees for 45 min or so, my timing wasn't exact)


I pricked the potatoes with a fork and baked them in the oven. (400 degrees for 45 min or so, my timing wasn't exact)


I let them cool and then pulled the peels off with my fingers. I then used the manual food processor to mash. It can also be masked with a fork.


This is apple mash from making apple juice (I'll be posting that later this week) I pulled out the apple peels the same way I did the sweet potatoes. Easy peasy.


I had blended the apple mash.


Mixed the sweet potatoes and apples.


The verdict is in, she loves homemade, even sweet potatoes.


The mash is much to thick for the pouches, so I blended sweet potato, apple mash, apple juice and a little bit of warm water.


It made it just right.









No comments:

Post a Comment